Our clients come from diverse industries, including electricity, paper and packaging, food and beverage, healthcare and finance and transportation. We have also worked with several major not-for-profit organizations.
- For a global Fortune 100 food and beverage manufacturer, we worked with the company to develop its overall approach to sustainability including strategy, policy and procedures, organization, goals and objectives, measurement and reporting, and stakeholder engagement. We helped create a sustainability task force and coached the company through the first 18 months of implementation. We played a significant role in the development of their first few sustainability reports. We continue to provide on-call support and work with the company on issues and projects as they arise. We have worked with almost every department in the company as well as with all of the operating divisions.
- For a Fortune 500 healthcare company we worked to identify material environmental, social and community issues, assisted the company to develop its sustainability mission statement and helped align and position its efforts to comport with that mission. We educated executive leadership and senior management and developed and drafted the company’s first sustainability report. We conducted awareness training and developed a process for selecting a signature sustainability initiative. We assisted the company to find ways to work with its clients on sustainability and to win RFP business on that basis.
- For a global packaging manufacturer, we developed a sustainability report, working to identify material issues and sweet spots. We facilitated the process of internal data-gathering, organized and led stakeholder reviews with key clients and with employees, wrote and edited most of the final text. We helped the company to define and articulate its sustainable packaging position. We worked with the company’s communications department to create a sustainability web-page and to compile additional online information for Global Reporting Initiative indicators. Through the process of stakeholder engagement the client also gained an appreciation for and comfort with its leadership role in sustainable packaging movement and the business opportunities that result from such a position.
- For an investment banking firm, we helped leverage an early competency in clean technologies while also identifying new investment opportunities that would help solve environmental challenges. In doing so, we were able to articulate a higher-purpose career to employees and to potential recruits, in an industry which tends to struggle with high turnover rates, and which relies on a large number of Generation Y employees — a very eco-conscious demographic. We also worked with the client to gain credibility through internal programs to reduce its environmental footprint and to improve its social impact.
- For a large, highly-visible international professional society, we worked with internal teams on a dual-track project involving both organizational sustainability and the development of member resources on sustainability. In the first part, we assessed the social and environmental impacts of the society’s operations, set up a committee structure and phased plan, and made specific recommendations for managing key impacts. In the second part, we assessed member needs through interviews, survey questions, and focus groups; identified gaps in the existing availability of suitable resources; and recommended key topics and delivery mechanisms for the society to develop. Our final analysis included many cost-saving and revenue-generating opportunities.
- For an international anti-poverty advocacy organization, we worked with the private sector team to develop and implement partnership projects with large corporations, looking for win-win scenarios. This included developing ideas, working on proposals, internal capacity building, and assistance with negotiation.